Sunday, October 9, 2011

Midnight and All is Well

Saturday night.... midnight
*****
My back hurts, my feet hurt, 
my head hurts and I couldn't be happier.

Some wonderful friends walked out of here
late, very late,  tonight beaming
 with pride at their Halloween advents.
The projects could not have been more
 different, which thrills me. 
I hate classes where it's "follow the teacher".
 I encourage everyone to step outside the box, 
hell, blow the box to smithereens, and I am 
over the moon happy when the gals are
 standing back looking at their work
 and giggling with pride.
I want them to surpass the teacher's work.
 If the teacher has to be the best one in the room,
then the students are not learning and growing.
 Surprise me, thrill me, make me go 
"Whoop, Hot Damn, that is SOOOO cool."
I did a lot of that today.

All the gals were supportive of each other, 
 trading items they had brought,
 and advice was sought and gladly given by all.
I almost blew dinner when we had to 
move it up 2 hours because we were all starving,
 but I pulled it off, while
 sweating bullets I tell ya, sweating bullets.

Dinner was Fresh Raviolis with mushrooms, 
shallots and peas in a butter cream sauce. 
Roasted  tureen of root veggies; carrots,
 orange, green and yellow peppers, fennel,
 onions, and potatoes with chardonnay apple sausages.
A salad of romaine, dried cranberry, fresh pears, feta,
bacon, glazed pecans, tossed with a homemade
 dressing mix of poppy seed and balsamic.
Dessert was my homemade pepperkakor cookies
(Swedish gingerbread) 
and a sour cherry-peach hot crumble 
with vanilla bean ice cream.
Lots of seconds and a few thirds.
Throw in the 9:00 breakfast and we ate 
our fair share today. :-0


And oh, how they worked....


I had to laugh as I viewed the table.


Full





Fuller



Fullest




Working on canvases


We had the perfect fall day.









Justice was tuckered out.
Spot Howie under the table?
Thankfully these are all pet people, 


Some of the works "in progress" in the afternoon; 
I apologize to my class for these photos.
Mea culpa
I did not do their canvases justice,
and missed so much...  
I have loads of blurry shots;
when will I learn to get out tripod?











That's a peek at a Gathering at Suzan's....
By request there might be a Holiday 
Gathering coming in November.
As always very limited seating, stay tuned.


I will try to show finished advents soon.
I am trying to edit and repair so many blurry photos.
I'm afraid teaching and cooking 
left little time for good photos.
I see the same complaint on all the "show" blog people.
You cannot teach, sell, promote etc and have time for photos. Bad blogger Z!
Have a good week everyone! 


No comments:

Post a Comment