Monday, November 14, 2011

It Continues



That's me 
decorating and resting


The mantle with lights added now
and I can see I need to bend the right side lol
I am adding some burlap letters (JOY) to the pitchers
as soon as they are made (in my spare time)




The family room with lights



Kitchen tree (I see now it's blurry)
but no time to retake


Make me laugh


Sprigs of greenery plunked here and there


All that matters


A little touch on my nightstand


My bedroom tree
 Love the reflections on the walls
All the birds landed here regardless of style
just like they do on a telephone wire





Simple touches on the shelves next to my bed
These candles are on remote control that
I turn off and on from bed.
They were at my Costco
Yesterday they were out of them



Rest of pics coming soon.
*******

To answer a few interested inquiries all in one swoop...
No, I normally do not decorate this early.
I have a photographer coming this week for a shoot
that is still under wraps...so...I had to do now.
I adore fall and Thanksgiving but as many of you know
 my entire very small family is over 2,000 miles away,
so Turkey Day is a solitary affair for me,
which I don't mind, but I tend to skip over 
the gobblers in the house.

I have so many trees because I used to do shows
 and needed several different sizes.
They are easy to store from the rack I made
 and suspended from the garage ceiling.
I have no attic or basement.

No, I do not have a huge $$$ home.
Very modest by Vegas standards
and I have lived in it 19 years.
Unfortunately, it is also worth about
 60% less than it used to be. 
I only decorate for this holiday and 
I only hang a wreath on my front door.
No grandiose exteriors, not even twinkle lights.

Most of the decorations I have had for at least 
15 years and most were bought at after holiday sales,
so no, I did not spend a fortune;
many also are handmade.

I have my holiday decor well organized, 
so it is very easy to do one tree at a time 
without hauling everything down and inside.

Our family spends very little on gifts.
We celebrate being together
by eating well, talking A LOT, playing games and seeing films.
I make most of my gifts for friends.
So I spend far less than many I imagine.

Next year I plan to return to a more
modest display.
I love the look this year
but the "taking down", even when organized, 
is a royal pain in the keister.
AS my SIL is known to say
"It's Valentines Day, time to take down the tree"

I hope however small or large your Holidays are,
that you and yours will spend them in 
good health, and peace and happiness.
30 days until my Holiday happiness (2) fly home.
z


No comments:

Post a Comment