Sunday, November 13, 2011

Twelve days of Christmas


12 days of Christmas tree sits right next to my desk


A drummer drumming


A lord a leaping


A swan a swimming, a partridge hidden in the tree,
and a peek at a lady dancing


A few shelf sitters and danglers here and there
 playing in the room



On the other side of the room, another skinny tree 
tucked next to the bookcase.




Lots of Santas and elves


The ornaments and figures here are all 
from the House of Hatten
designed by Denise Calla in the late 80's.
My collection is quite large, 
too many pieces for this tiny room
but I love them, so I display as many as I can.
I hope someday one of the kids 
will want the collection.
Meanwhile until 2012 I can enjoy them
each time I sit down at the computer.

The bedrooms are also finished,
what remains is the main living room
 and dining room.
That takes a full day, oops, 
it takes today, so I had better get started.
In case you are wondering I put up
11 trees this year
3 - 3'
2 - 4'
3 - 5'
2 - 7'
1 - 8'
but who is counting?

No comments:

Post a Comment