Monday, November 21, 2011

Tricks #2 Pete Pete and Repeat


If one small burlap wreath looks pretty 
on the porch,


Then a big one would look great 
on the fireplace screen.
( I started this the evening of craft day
 on Saturday and finished it up last night )

Now I have brought all the burlap 
 from the tree on the porch


 and tied in to the burlap ribbon 
on the family room tree
 with added bling on the ribbon
to go with the matte and gleaming ornaments 
here on this tree

and matches  the living room tree with
 all the mercury glass and glitter

 

which bounces across the room to the other tree
 with mercury glass and black burlap ribbon!


This is second nature to me and
 I barely even think about it now.
The easiest way to explain is to remind you 
to pete pete and repeat.
Pick one or two or more
textures or colors or themes and 
bounce them off each other all over the
house. It can be subtle or grand.
I have birds and nests 
in the living room and upstairs in my bedroom.
I have House of Hatten in red/ green in the den,
and in pink / green in Darling daughter's room.
In son's room, mercury glass and nests and burlap.

Most of you have already done this in selecting 
things that you like year round, be it seashells, 
or ceramics, flowers etc.
I do not sit down and plan to do this a certain way,
I just love mercury glass and burlap and birds and nests
and I tend to make and buy them repeatedly, so 
why not use them for holidays too?

and then just....

Pete Pete and Repeat.
z

No comments:

Post a Comment