Sunday, November 20, 2011

Time Proven Holiday Tricks #1


I have been decorating for the holidays 
with joy and abundance for many, 
( oh dear, many many ) years.
I have also worked as many years with clients
 to make their homes festive, whatever their style is.


One of my standby tricks when I am decorating tables
 is to always do displays in a container,
 a box, a basket, a trough,
anything that fits the table size
 and mood of the room.


At a moments notice, you can remove the display and
 make room to set the table for an impromptu
 dinner or extra guests etc. 
If you also set the table with a cloth
 and then a guest, or klutzy me, spills food or drink 
on the cloth, the cloth can be easily removed,
 laundered and put back.
If you do standard tabletop displays
 and you need more room or  
there is an accident, you need to remove each thing,
set it aside  and so on.
My way?
Whisk the container off and store
 temporarily in the garage or on a coffee table, 
or even on top of the washer.
This exact thing occurred yesterday when 
an impromptu gathering of crafting friends
 started to gather at my home, 
and as the dining table grew more crowded,
 we simply removed the display in the second photo, 
threw a drop cloth over the table
 and they painted, stitched,
  beaded and glued away.
You also can easily remove to
 set the table for a formal dinner, and then post dinner,
return the table to your regular holiday display

We had a blast yesterday.
The first pal came at 9:00 am Sat
and I said goodnight to the last gal 
( who happened to be the same pal lol)
at 12:45 am Sunday.

My heart is full of glad tidings
 and friendship for these women.
What a great bunch of great friends.

Tanya from Bead and Needle (link)
referred to my home as a Christmas Palooza to our 
mutual friend Carole at Maynard Greenhouse.(link)
Like Scarlett had Tara, I now have
 my oldgreymare estate. 
Christmas Palooza 
It fits me.

Check Tanya's site for 
the tin type pendants
Tanya was/is making.
We all went bonkers for them.
You local gals, Tanya will be at Doodlebug in
Boulder City on the 3rd.

Carole is going to tease us daily
 with wonderful photos from 
her Holiday shop in CT, 
so check them out each day and if you are
 within driving distance,
 please go visit her fabulous shop.
 I will be so jealous.
Z

No comments:

Post a Comment