Monday, January 14, 2013

PU



Those of you who stop by frequently will 
notice a change at the home of oldgreymare.
A "lightening" of sorts.


You need only remember some 
magazine shoots or prior posts to see that 
large pieces of furniture were hauled
hither and thither, and up and down stairs.
(I use a large tarp and stupidly accomplish 
on my own with DD scolding)
Still debating the window covering change to come.
These linen drapes were a quick cheap choice years ago,
and then...well I got lazy and never changed them out.
They'll go soon. I'm thinking of burlap strung or simply pinned.
That skinny mustard cupboard to the right 
was dragged down the stairs from Hannah's room.


During the holidays the kids tried to convince me to move
my studio down to the first floor and though 
I seriously considered it, drawing floor plans etc.,
ultimately I opted for a first phase approach.
One of the benefits of a neutral palette is of course, that
everything can be moved everywhere. It all goes.
When I can no longer navigate the stairs, maybe the 
studio will come down here after all.
( I had a major fall this winter, and banged 
up my already bad knee pretty severely, 
so that day may be closer than I like. :D )




While moving furniture I was watching 
Jimmy Stewart and Sandra Dee in 
"Take Her She's Mine". That's the Cleopatra's barge scene.


One of the main reasons for the change is that I still had the home
set up for lots of people visiting, taking classes, 
friends of kids, and 4 of us living here.
That is no longer the case. I no longer need 3 couches
and I needed to set up the entertaining spaces to 
suit me and my current needs.
So one big easy chair and ottoman now 
comforts me in the den. ( first picture).
The large floral sofa from the family room
 is in the garage awaiting pick up from a friend.
The sofa from the den came in here. 
It is my favorite. Well over 30 years old, a Drexel,
 and recovered by me twice and now slip covered,
admittedly with a cover that really doesn't fit
 but works for now.

Large gatherings will still occur
but less seating will not matter,
we all hang in the small kitchen anyway...


The family room now seems so much larger and early yesterday a.m. the beautiful light was so soothing as I was curled in a fetal position for the second day suffering from
 some kind of intestinal attack. It's over thank heavens.
I am researching diverticulitis.
( the symptoms fit - no more seeds for me)







The type trays relocated from the den to family room and
now show to much better advantage right next to a window.


The light was beautiful on the porch also
but it was much too cold to enjoy.
We're in a cold snap, windy and 32 degrees.


So..where have I been, what have I been up to?
I've been finishing up my holiday job, which I will
dearly miss going to each day. I love the women I work with, 
I love the physical labor aspect, so good for me. 
Hopefully there will be more work to come soon.

I have been tending to Justice
who has more good days than bad.
I solved the issue of the passage way she was
 terrified to cross by placing a runner half way in each room 
and she calmly walks through.
( I called a friend to say I'm a genius! lol)

I am purging. AGAIN
I was already on the path but
after reading my pal Chania's post,
I have upgraded to a goal of 100 items which 
I will begin to show here this week.
I preach the same message to clients she details in her post, 
but I've never before set an actual number as a goal.
I have hope this will speed things up, 
declaring it will keep me honest and on track.
Thanks again my dear friend.
Local clients and friends will get a typical email
 from me and they call and buy from that.
However, if you see anything shippable 
that you want, email me.
It's always first come.

So if you made it this far...
so happy to see you,
and please stay tuned for the 100 piece purge.
Perhaps you wish to join us?
Declare it and show it.
Purgers United.
uh oh..that is PU

Z





No comments:

Post a Comment