Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Comforts of Home


There is no place like home.
As much as I am not a huge fan of my city,
 ( it is just "not me") I do
enjoy my home and my friends 
and it has been lovely being back
 and catching up on the missed stories of last week. 
Nothing major occurred, just the day to day stuff
 that keeps us all so connected.
What the grandkids are up to, how was the job today, 
what are you fixing for dinner, 
how is the diet coming along?


All those sweet nuances of life 
that bind women together,
so that when the big stuff hits, 
we are also there to celebrate
 or lend a comforting hug or share tears.

The repetition of felting and cutting these
 roses is now all intertwined with these friends.
 You see, we talk a long time,
sometimes until the batteries die. 
So I put the phone on the work table, 
hit speaker phone and chat away 
while working with my wools. 
Oh, so comforting. 
Now, these roses of mine are 
sprinkled with the laughter and the love
 that I share with my local peeps and also 
several of you, that I now know via 
the telephone wires.

I will be having several of these chats 
with blog pals next week
 and I plan to have a stack of wool
 all ready for rolling
 to infuse even more memories 
into the next batches.

No, I am not losing my mind, 
well, not completely anyway lol
but I do believe in good energy and negative energy.
I believe food prepared with love just tastes better, 
sincerely written thank yous and
 a heartfelt hello, how are you? matter, 
and in creating any type of art,
 there must be joy for the creator.
It is why I do not "crank out" items any more.
Oh I used to, for shows and events 
but the joy was missing for me,
 so now, my motto is slow and steady.
After 3 decades of this,
 I have learned when my good energy turns to negative,
and I want only my best to give to friends. 

I have also learned:
that tennis shoes are the only thing 
I can wear in NYC to avoid excruciating pain
 ( Thank you K MART)

that I can eat roasted Brussel Sprouts until I am ill.

that $100.00 is the bare minimum for me to get out of Costco

that many people who read this have yet to realize
 I sign Z in my emails because my name
 is spelled SuZan but is pronounced Susan.

that as years go by I require more quiet,
 more alone time,
and no longer need to apologize for it.

that I am furious with the plans 
to severely cut the grants to NPR - 
the one place I feel I get unbiased news.

and now I realize I have digressed 
into another whole realm..
what my friend Sarah and I call 
"BINK" switch of subject...
and we can switch dozens of times
 in one conversation with ease.

ANYHOOT, hope you all
are enjoying your week, 
no matter your weather.

I'll be thinking of you.

z



Grace isn't a little prayer you chant before receiving a meal.  It's a way to live. 
  ~Attributed to Jacqueline Winspear






No comments:

Post a Comment