Tuesday, March 29, 2011

QUICK CHANGE


How to change a bath in under 2 hours


Right before I left for NYC I removed
 all of this from the kids bath.


It had served the kids and their friends
 for many years, but I was ready for a change.
So I shot a pic of the complete set, sent a for sale notice
 out to my friends and sold it all 
including the matching tissue boxes,
and it now occupies a friend's kids bath.
(The kids and I enjoyed dinner out on the proceeds.)


Today I decided to see what I already had in 
the house to get a start on the new ivory based 
room and 1 hour later ... 


The double wire basket used to hold 
breads or fruit during parties.
The jars came from the pantry.
The lamp was in the garage.


Borrowing from other rooms and the linen
closet I have a very good start.
The shower curtain is 2 burlap curtains
 from Ballard that once hung in a bedroom.


The room definitely needs some tweaking.
The burlap needs some pressing and the
 pictures need to be hung lower. I plopped on
 existing nails. But in under an hour, 
it is a good base.




A few more vintage finds and the room
will be just fine.
Sometimes you just need to BEGIN
Remember my word for the year?
What do you want to change?

Joining White Wednesday hosted by the lovely Kathleen

No comments:

Post a Comment