Sunday, March 6, 2011

Lovely Sunday Morn




Not what you expected?
Neither did I.
My phone rang-"from the City Of ..."
There is an emergency in your neighborhood,
please stay in your homes.

So instead of showing you these


I spent the morning listening to bullhorns, 
what we think were tear gas explosions and 
battering rams or whatever they use to blow off doors.

It has been quiet for about 30 minutes and I just saw an
ambulance slowly leaving and officers walking back
 toward their vehicles. Over 25 vehicles mind you.

Now, what occurred to me while I was sitting 
observing this, while being a mite rattled, is 
that many people in this world live with 
extreme violence every day of their lives. 
Small children, the elderly,
not just the perpetrators or the defenders, but 
women like you and me, just going about  
their lives, making coffee in the morning,
headed to the studio to make some totes to sell.

Puts it all in BIG FAT perspective doesn't it?
I have concerns with health care and education
and gas prices and corruption and the economy,
just like everyone else....
but right this minute I feel so fortunate,
 that I live in a country where this many individuals 
are willing to put themselves in harms way 
to protect a few others.

So if you are safe, and your loved ones are safe,
drop to your knees, or thank your lucky stars.
I need another cup of coffee and will post the totes 
in the shop later.

Suzan

No comments:

Post a Comment