Thursday, March 31, 2011

JUST SAYIN'

Something Pretty


Something bugging me.

I and several of my friends have 
noticed another disturbing trend in blog land.
More and more bloggers are altering their post times,
throughout a day or several days so that their
post "pops" back up to the top of the blog roll,
over and over again.

Now, I get the need some folks have to be 
seen in order to sell or to promote themselves, I mean
we are founded on free enterprise but here is the 
"bug" in this kind of business. 

Many of us, myself included, rely on
 our blog roll updates to keep track of posts 
by our friends and our favorites. 
I know I can use reader, but mostly I refer to my roll,
A quick glance lets us know what is new, 
and we don't waste time checking 
through previously viewed blog posts, or miss one 
because the times posted have been altered on us.
Haven't you noticed comments to you like
 " I don't know how I missed this post of yours?"
THIS IS WHY THEY MISSED YOUR POST

Being able to trust post times 
 allows us all more time to actually 
visit friends via emails or comments, 
which is something all of us
 time deprived bloggers desire.

When bloggers re-post their times
 it throws the whole thing
out of whack. I have heard from at least
 10 other bloggers about this in the last 2 months,
concerning their own blog rolls,
and it is NO LONGER going unnoticed.

Free speech and free choices out here,
of course, but all of us need to/should play nice.
To me, this is the equivalent of people who
 go into stores ahead of a sale and hide what 
they want to buy when the sale starts, 
and then prance in the next morning
 when the sale is on and pull out their prize 
from a place where no one else would find it.

It just isn't nice, and people, please, we are adults; 
no longer in grade school.
Most of us were taught to play nice 
and follow the golden rule,
and I do not want to anger or embarrass
 anyone who IS doing it,
I am merely trying to say very politely, please stop.

My blog roll is for my personal use;
 for me to follow my friends and also hopefully, to 
introduce others equally to my favorite people.
Please stop cutting in line.
My 6th grade teacher Miss Weber
 taught me not to do that.
Just sayin'


Now, here is a puppy.

(cute overload)

z

No comments:

Post a Comment