Saturday, March 26, 2011

Creating and Creator


Have you ever been watching a cooking show 
(PBS) and realized you had everything they 
were about to prepare in your fridge?
It has NEVER happened to me before.
I jumped up and grabbed these:
a skirt steak, sprouts, a lemon, almonds, and butter.

Rough chop these and dry roast in skillet
 for a few minutes, just to enhance flavor.
Remove from skillet set aside.


Meanwhile in separate skillet over high heat throw
 ( forgot to photograph)
 in the skirt steak and brown 3-5 minutes each side.


 Rough shred some sprouts using a knife, 
and toss into the skillet where you prepared the almonds,
along with 2 TB butter.


Saute a bit, as they begin to soften, 
throw in some squeezed lemon, I only
 used 1/2 and some Kosher salt.


When steak is medium rare
 (for me a total of 6 1/2 minutes)
remove and set aside.
Finish up sautéing sprouts and toss in the almonds.
Slice steak thinly.

All told less than 8 minutes from start to finish.
I do love me some brussel sprouts as you can see,
and I am getting bored with oven roasted...finally.

An unusual Saturday lunch for me,
I rarely bother, and it was delicious!
So now I settle in to watch Lawrence of Arabia
 because I have an unending love affair with Peter O'Toole.


I may have to watch Creator and 
My Favorite Year this evening.

sigh*swoon*sigh
if you are unfamiliar with these 2 films,
well do yourself a huge favor and get them somehow

and if Peter does not ring your bell Vincent Spano just might : D

No comments:

Post a Comment