Friday, November 19, 2010

By My Hand

Each week Chania gives us a photo challenge and
various ideas go through our heads until we have our AHA! moment.
Mine came a couple of days ago when I unearthed this
scherenschnitte I had cut about 20 years ago.


When I was first married, money was scarce and we made our
entire holiday decorations out of felt, paper and ribbon.
This was one piece of a series of ornaments and table displays
I made for our home one year.


I have not done much paper cutting in the years since,
though occasionally I would throw one into my Gathering classes.
Most people balk at the time required for such intricate cutting,
but I always found it relaxing. Relaxing?
(Yeah yeah, I enjoy weird stuff like Organizing,
and cutting minute pieces of paper. What can I say? )
Right before doing this post, I surfed the net
and found fabulous artists doing incredible work with
small scissors and Xactos. Maybe you should check it out?

It's affordable, portable and fun!
Don't you just love the squirrel tail?


I am pretty confident that this has sparked a renewed interest in
my paper skills. I just need to get past this one last week
with a client, and then it is clear sailing to the studio and
holiday gifting and crafting.

Please join Chania over at RAZMATAZ for more Hand Made.

Suzan

No comments:

Post a Comment