Friday, November 12, 2010

So It Continues

So it continues in the family room and kitchen.
I do not remove objects in order to replace with
holiday theme items, I nestle them right in and add lots
of greenery with lots of snow that I often regret come January.


Lights are not in yet, and I may just skip this year.



My kitchen tree, dripping with Nicole Sayre, whose beige and
cream ornaments are perfect for my decor. She has returned
to these colors in her new line but without any ornaments
only the larger figures. I hope to snag a few of those this year.


My new Vietri dishes that I mentioned a few posts back.
A client bartered these for work and I was thrilled.
The French doors lead to the sun porch.


Part of the family room.
This room has pale yellow walls. A mistake, and one
I was going to correct... about 5 years ago! It doesn't bother
me so much anymore, and it does brighten a naturally dark room.
I am very proud of the counter. I helped cut, install and grout that baby.




Hutches everywhere get a little something tucked in.




Onward to the porches and the bedrooms!
How is it coming at your house?

Suzan

Postscript:
Lots of questions coming in about my timing,
amount of work and amount of decorations.

Since I am usually quite busy right after Thanksgiving,
this is the only time I have. The large tree goes up Thanksgiving evening.

I used to do displays for stores during the holidays and often my
pay was store credit, or a large discount (as in wholesale price). That is why
the abundance of Nicole Sayre, otherwise I could never afford.
No one seemed to like these colors then, everyone wanted
traditional red and green. lucky me! When you
combine store credit with 50% post holiday...
Bartering is great.

I organize for a living, so I have developed a system of storage,
that makes it so simple to get what I need and do a tree
lickety split with no mess in the house. I may post about it soon.
The system works for any type of storage.

AS for the rest of the decor, I simply plug in a bunch of
winter greenery, three large bins full... all purchased after the
holidays about 15 years ago, for 75 - 90% off.

So this decor is pennies on the dollar collected over 30 years.
I don't do any other holiday decorating anymore.
This is the big show, so to speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment