Thursday, December 29, 2011

CATCH UP not ketchup



A "Heinz 57dog is a mixed breed dog of uncertain ancestry- a mutt.
 The name refers to the "57 varieties" Heinz slogan.

Well, you can tell my sense of humor is still intact.
The Holiday has been wonderful 
and all my focus has been on the kids.
Dearest son has returned to NYC,
but will be passing through here 
late January on his move to LA.
Darling Daughter is enjoying  her local friends
and we are being lazy goats in front 
of the tube, catching a mixed bag of films.
This illness/plague whatever..
knocked my socks off and not in the good way
damn.. :D
I have accomplished little,
gone nowhere and seen no one.
Home is where the heart is..
and where my slipper socks and jammies are.

Carole Sidlow is teaching a  fabulous ribbon class here
on January 7th (2 spots left) and
we will hold it in the converted studio/garage,
so since I cannot access my storage boxes,
Christmas will remain up until after the class.
Makes me a mite uneasy,
 ( my organization gene anxious to get back to work),
so instead I am overhauling my studio and hall closet,
and making a big bloomin' mess while I'm at it.
I decided to move all my paper supplies 
closer to me since that seems to be
 where my hearts desire is lately.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday.
I have been reading you all and keeping up,
and I hope that everyone's New Year 
brings them joy and happiness.

I am still debating my "word" or mantra for next year.
In 2011 the word was Begin
I feel I did that one justice,
so what should 2012 be about?
I am pondering these:


bravery
simplicity
patience
industriousness
????
I could use some of all of the above.
I have been inspired all year by 
a lovely young woman Carolynn at
the Anchor and the Bird.
Please visit if you are not familiar 
with her year of good deeds (in process).

Thinking perhaps I could/should 
attempt the same good-deed daily tasks.
I donate 10% of my income each year and it is 
not always easy, but it is easy enough to write checks.


I am thinking I need to give back in other ways, 
where it might not be so easy, 
where I must trod the extra mile, 
 and as I tap this out I may have decided that
this desire should be manifested in my 2012 word.


GIVE
would encompass the other 
four words under consideration
so yup, GIVE it is.
YAY my first decision of the new Year.
What do you plan to do with your next 365 days?
I plan to grow out my hair since
 I got scalped today. 
only pixies should wear pixie cuts
Z


No comments:

Post a Comment