Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Oog, In the Cave, With a Mammoth Bone?


Heather Houlahan forwards the latest link from the deep thinkers at PlosOne who want us to know that Phylogenetic Distinctiveness of Middle Eastern and Southeast Asian Village Dog Y Chromosomes Illuminates Dog Origins.

Of course.  I have always said so. 

But I wonder....

Is this the paper that says dogs are from Asia, replacing the one that said they were from the Middle East, which replaces the one that says they were from Europe, which replaced the one that said they came from Africa?

Or is this the paper that says dogs are 200 years old, 10,000 years old, 30,000 years old, or 120,000 years old? 

I am STILL waiting to find out why ANY of it matters, but I have not yet gotten to the end of the book, so please don't tell me it was Oog, in the cave, with a mammoth bone.  I like the mystery of it all!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment