Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Always A Little Sunshine And Roses


Each year since I planted my Banks Roses I am rewarded with a
blanket of blooms dripping over the wall on a sunny morning. A few tentative yellow spots appear as they did yesterday, and then
POW! the next day this is what occurs.
Unfortunately just like last year, we are expecting huge winds today and tomorrow so this display will be fleeting.

Always, a little sunshine and roses can lift my spirits,


as did the wonderful response to
 my latest totes from yesterday's post.
I also received some special orders. Yahoo!
Thank you my friends.
Only one pair remain for now,  C 


A
sold




C
though many sets are on my studio table, 
waiting for me to return and finish them. 

Also on the docket for today, a battle with my cable company
over them moving TCM to a channel
 requiring a 12.00 per TV charge...I won my own battle,
and will not be paying the extra charge,
 though still believe it is a stupid move on their part,
especially in order to provide more reality garbage TV.
Enough complaints and maybe they'll reconsider?
At first I was told to simply pay for 2 boxes to get
what I had received for free.. "most people do"
Of course most folks I know already do pay for all those boxes..
but I choose not to, since I carefully edit my TV viewing anyway.

Just like I don't text or use my cell unless forced to,
it's almost always dead and it has
 next to none minutes on it anyway.
I don't like FB ( keep just for spotify) or tweet etc.
No, I'm not techno phobic, c'mon I have 2 blogs, an etsy shop,
(OK it's been on semi-permanent vacation), 
I'm even an occasional pinterest user,
 but yet I often feel I need to defend the fact 
that I don't want an excess of technology in my life.

I  live a small life by choice.
I don't mind that others are techno addicts.
Add a plug in to your behind if you want, 
it won't bother me, but your trousers may fit funny.


I am carefully following the debate over "lean in" 
and the backlash "lean out".
Didn't we already do this when women returned to work,
and the battle between "stay at home" and "working mom"
ensued? Did we learn nothing?
 And Damn! When will a father be referred to as 
a working father, as every working mother is?
When 100 % of men finally share 50%
 of the load outside of work?
When there are 50% of corporate women as leaders?
But if you value staying at home, or working and still
making home the priority instead of clawing up the ladder,
isn't that your right?
Personal choices - no mold to squeeze ourselves into.

uh oh
I need to go smell the roses
and bask in the sunshine.
I'm getting riled up...
bet it was the three cups of Joe this a.m
 I mis-measured.

Note to self:
Use the bucket
wear glasses in the house
pay attention
go sew...






No comments:

Post a Comment