Sunday, September 15, 2013

Summer Hibernation Ending


Summer is nearly over.
I do not do summer well.
At least not here.
I am the proverbial fish
out of water....
gasping for air, 
flopping all around
on the banks where I 
do not belong.
A friend made note this weekend
 that I sounded "up"
more than I had recently.
The simple fact of my windows 
thrown open and a cool breeze 
floating through
was all that was necessary
to raise my spirits.


Once uplifted, it was easy 
to wile away the hours 
sewing pumpkins.
The black velvets are for me.
The rest I'll sell.
There are several dozen still on 
the studio table in
various stages of readiness.



The monsoon season seems 
to have past. 
Either way I have solved 
the Brillo hair issue by
hacking off about 8 or 9 more inches.
I've reached my chin, where I paused.
I now have a wash and go cut.
It remains to 
be seen how far I'll go.

I am managing on one tank of gas
per month now, so I do not 
venture far to meet my needs.
Like the pumpkin
 I just sit in my field,
growing larger. 
unfortunately...

Good Lord,
let's hope I do not begin to rot.


No comments:

Post a Comment