Thursday, August 18, 2011

It's a Process

 

  "(It don't come easy, you know it don't come easy)
(It don't come easy, you know it don't come easy)

Got to pay your dues if you want to sing the blues
And you know it don't come easy
You don't have to shout or leap about
You can even play them easy
Forget about the past and all your sorrow
The future won't last
It will soon be your tomorrow"
George Harrison

So yesterday this is what the great room looked like:
It's a process.
After purging all the main floor rooms
 and dumping into this one spot,
I was able to separate what was
 to be given away, sold, or relocated.
Local gals, yep, another sale....

Today I am playing in here.
Not so many changes,
this space has always worked.
Pics to come.

I have been making lots of 
small changes in the evenings,
working on lamp shade swap outs,
covering light switches on counters.
I noticed they where a negative focus  
 in the kitchen shots.
Attention to small, no money changes.
******
See your home with a fresh eye:
Two ways to give yourself a view 
of a room you have not changed in awhile.
Take several photos from all angles
 and study them objectively,
 or my favorite; turn on some lights,
 go outside in the evening 
and look in the window .
You obtain objectivity for a room this way,
and visualize with a fresh perspective.
I am not suggesting any of you scale your walls
to see in the second story...lol 
Don't do that!

OK back to work...
Remember that den with the newly
 painted wall unit? Well the sofas got 
swapped out and I made an ottoman.
It don't come easy.....
z
Debra and Kristen?
Yoo-hoo you won!
scroll down  :D


post script- reposted from 30 minutes ago 

Covered these books on the right before DD left.
She was to label for me but we forgot!
I made a "tear and attach" linen drape
 to hide brightly covered books on the left.


sorry for blur- I hurried


Sectional was here, now it will be sold.
Floral was in family room.
I made ottoman slipcover for sectional ottoman,
which I am keeping.
I have matching chair to this sofa 
so it makes sense to keep it, not the sectional 
because sadly I no longer need room to 
seat 4 teenagers always sprawled there.
Money spent so far?  Zero

No comments:

Post a Comment