Sunday, January 5, 2014

With A Cough, A Sneeze And A Whimper

Darling Daughter's Beau Blake
had some friends come to stay with us last week.
They both arrived sick.
Then they shared.

 DD and BB helped me 
at work for the past two days.
Hard, physical, dusty work.

(DD finally sitting at end of today)

Now tonight DD and Beau
have fevers, chills, and a box of kleenex 
has already bit the dust.
Coughing, sneezing and whimpering are
taking place in my family room.
Soups, hot teas and ginger ales are flowing.
My chickadees will be going to bed early.
Poor Birdies
The Mama in me is happy I can nurse them. 
The practical in me thinks..
Aw hell, when will I get it?

Happy New Year My Friends

update:

Annie's husband Ron is now home and awaiting test results,
and a plan of action for a healthy outcome.
Annie and I thank you for all your kind thoughts and prayers.
I told her you guys were the best!

Z






No comments:

Post a Comment